“[God] needs no one, but when faith is present He works through anyone.” -A.W. Tozer on God’s Self-Sufficiency in “Knowledge of the Holy”
God can glorify Himself without me. Even if God did not choose me to be used by Him to share His love and the Gospel to the people of Japan, He would still be glorified. How humbling is that?
For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. – Romans 1:20 (ESV)
His glory is already evident in the lives of those who believe in Him, in creation, and even in people who do not know Him. But it is so humbling for me to meditate on the fact that God has chosen me, a sinner who has been saved by grace alone and an inadequate servant, to glorify Him.
This trip is not for my glory. I can not save anyone and the growth that is going to be done in me and the work that is going to be done in these students’ lives is not of my own doing. All these things will be done through God and for His glory alone.
This trip is not for my glory. I hope that would truly be my prayer and that I would not take any glory away from God. I pray that my heart would be in the right attitude, a humble attitude, that is not going on this trip to glorify myself. I pray that I would not be using this to seek the recognition of others or for people to think that I am holy or anything like that. In reality, we are all level at the foot of the cross and we are all to be on our hands and knees before the throne thanking God for our salvation and His grace.
It is crazy but my team and I are leaving for Japan in less than two months!! God has been so good and so gracious so far in this process and I am so joyful to be able to have this opportunity to serve in God’s name. I am looking forward with so much excitement to see how God will be glorified this summer!
Some praises and prayer requests:
- I am fully funded for this trip!! God has proved his sovereignty and power and has swung so many doors wide open with people wanting to partner with me in this ministry opportunity. However, if God leads you to give financially, please still do so and you will help to support the rest of my team.
- God has been doing so much growth in my own personal walk and has been continuing to help me to understand the Gospel more and more and has been molding and shaping me for what He will do in me this summer.
- Prayer for funding and prayer partner finding for the rest of my team. We are about 3 weeks away from our deadline for funding so prayer that God would bountifully provide for us.
- Prayer for team unity. The next time our whole team will be all together in person is when we leave together at the airport so prayer that God will unite us all together for the common purpose to be used by Him and see His Gospel made known.
- Prayer for the preparation of my team’s hearts and my own heart. God is going to powerfully make Himself known to these students but He is also going to be doing a lot of growth in our own lives. Prayer that He would be continuing to prepare us as we finish out our school years and that He would be molding us for what He will do through us.
- Finally, prayer for the preparation and softening of the hearts of the Japanese students we will be ministering to and showing love to. Prayer that God would be sowing the soil of their hearts now to receive the seeds of God’s love and the Gospel.
Thank you so much for your time in reading this update and for continuing to be praying and supporting my team and I. I will be trying to update with prayer requests more often using this blog and prayerfully God will be continuing to be doing good work in my team and I as we prepare for Japan!!