Greetings Brothers and Sisters! Thank you so much for your continued encouragement, words of affirmation, and faithful prayers for my team and I!
In my weekly BEST talk group, we have been discussing the topic of “Dark Side.” “The dark side is something that is a natural result of human development and is present in everyone. It is a part of us that we are unaware of to some degree, lurking in the shadows of our personality. The development of our dark side has been a lifetime in the making and is not exclusively a negative force in our lives.” (This description is from our BEST talk group material.)
We were able to take a test to see what our dark sides are and it has been a very eye-opening experience for me. It has been very humbling to come face to face with my dark side and realize that the dark side is a part of me. In my head I know the truth that I am a sinful person and even though I have God’s forgiveness, I will continue to sin in the flesh. But, it has been very good to be reminded how much I fall short and for myself from the dark side test, realizing how much I desire to be in control of everything when I can simply trust and rest in God’s sovereignty.
I thought I would share the link to the test with you if you are interested in taking the test yourself: http://barnabasministry.com/form-odsl.html
- My team and I along with some of the Tokyo staff were able to get away to Shizuoka from Monday to Wednesday. It was a good time to grow closer together as a team and take an extended time to be alone with God. I feel very refreshed after spending time away for a little while. Now I am back in Tokyo ready to love the students more and trust the Lord more for the rest of the summer.
- This past weekend, I went with one of my teammates, Kim, two of the Tokyo staff members, and a few students to watch some of the Tokyo BEST boys play in a soccer tournament. It was a great blessing to be able to support them during their games and join them in the excitement when they won the tournament and won new uniforms to use for the next time they play together. It was a good chance for me to see how well all of them worked together so well considering it was the first time that group played soccer together. It was a beautiful scene of the loving community that has been built here in Tokyo BEST and so special to be apart of the joy that they all had in being able to play a sport they love together.
- Continued prayer for humility for myself and to deeply trust God and in His sovereignty and goodness. Prayer that I would trust in God for the salvation of these students and that I would continue to build relationships with students and truly love them.
- Continued prayer for the hearts of the students. Prayer that God would continue to break up the hard soil in the hearts of the students so that seeds can be planted. For students that are more receptive, prayer that the seeds would be able to grow and that they would be able to better understand the parts of the Gospel and God’s love for them in the Lord’s perfect timing.
- Continued prayer for team unity. Prayer that our team would be able to love and serve each other and be able to show the Japanese students the love of Christ by how we love and encourage to one another.
- Continued prayer over the university investigation. Prayer that God would be glorified and magnified through it.
Thank you so much again for all the support and prayers over the past weeks. If you have any questions feel free to let me know. Have a wonderful weekend!